Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm reflective when I'm sick.....apparently

I'm feeling profound right now but I don't actually have anything profound to say.

I've been thinking today, which usually gets me into trouble. As "certain people" used to say: "Rachel, you live in your head, and it is way too analytical in there. You need to live out here with the rest of us and just be happy." And while I don't pay much heed (anymore) to what "certain people" used to say about me, this is one thing they may have been right about.

One thing that has always bothered me about myself is that I tend to always be thinking about the future...where I'll be, what I'll be doing, etc. I wish I could just focus on the here and now, and be happy with what I have and where I am at this moment. As the saying goes, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." I have a pretty good little life. I wish I could sit back and enjoy it instead of constantly thinking about what comes next. Perhaps this shall be a new goal of mine. Live in the moment. Cliche sure, but also maybe a pretty good philosophy. Who knows where I'll be in 5 years, or even 2 for that matter. Two years ago I never would have thought I'd be where I am right now. So why spend so much time trying to plot out the future, when the beauty of the future is that it is unknown?

So slow down, Rachel.
Take your time.
Enjoy your friends; indulge in the experience of being in love; listen to those around you and learn from them; don't worry about the future...

If the past year has taught me anything it's that things work out in the end, although not always how you thought. So go with the flow and enjoy the ride.


Disclaimer: I currently have massive amounts of Nyquil and Ibuprofin in my bloodstream. Therefore the above is pretty much an accumulation of my drug-induced, incoherent thoughts.
Any lucid or intelligent comments are purely accidental.

Perhaps I should have put the disclaimer first.



No comments: