Monday, July 9, 2007

Skinny-mini no more

I need to get in shape.

I've always been the skinny girl who could eat anything and everything and stay 95 pounds. But now I'm starting to put on some weight in my tummy area and I'm getting a bit self-conscious about it. I've never had to worry about eating junk food before, in fact junk food makes up most of my daily diet and always has. It's never been a problem before. But I guess I'm not a teenager anymore.

But it's not even the weight that really bothers me. It's how out of shape I am. I can barely go up a flight of stairs without breathing hard when I get to the top. When I was dancing in high school, I would do 200 sit ups 3 times a week with hardly any problem. Now I doubt I could do 20.

When the weather got nice earlier this year, I swore I was going to go walking every weekend and even some weeknights after work. But I'm always so tired and unmotivated on the weekends, it never gets done.

And my diet is horrendous. I eat some sort of fast food every day, sometimes twice a day. But what can I do? It's cheap and fast and I can go through the drive thru between home visits without having to take too much time.....

.....
and I'm gonna die of a heart attack by the time I'm 30.

The sad fact is,
I don't know how to diet or exercise. I never had to before. And people laugh at me or roll their eyes when I bring up my "weight problem." But I just want to keep it from becoming a problem. And I want to stop my arteries from getting completely blocked from the McGrossness I eat every day.

So...if anyone has any advice on how to live a busy (and poor!) life but still stay somewhat healthy...
please give me some helpful tips.

I would like to live a little bit past 30.


No comments: