Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I am in need of a large alcoholic drink and some time off from work

The first is somewhat possible, at least later this week when I have money. The latter, not so much. I am still on my probationary period at work which means no time off til October. Assholes.

I am also in need of sleep, but my body seems to think otherwise. Every night I fall into bed, completely exhausted, and lay awake for hours and hours cursing the insomnia gods. It's really starting to affect my functioning too. I have been walking into walls even more than usual lately. Stupid walls.

So to add to my pathetic-ness (is that a word?), last night I ate a spoonful of jelly for dinner. No joke. Jelly. Now I love jelly and all, but this whole no food/no money thing is getting old. Luckily I was able to steal some pizza from work today so Ryan and I can actually eat a real(ish) dinner tonight.

Moral of the story: Being poor sucks. Insomnia sucks. Six months with no time off from work sucks. Walls suck.

I'm going to curl up in a ball.


No comments: