Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Watch out Mary Poppins

I love my job, even though it totally tires me out.

I watch 2 kids, Abdur-Rahim (4 years old) and Ibrahim (6 months old). Ibrahim (Ibbi) is such a cutie, and he adores me. Abdur-Rahim (I-Beam...yeah I'm not sure where that nickname came from), is kind of obnoxious as most 4 year old boys are, but he's pretty cool and I only have him 2 days a week cuz he's in pre-school.


Overall it's a pretty sweet job, even though I usually come home with all sorts of baby bodily fluids on me (spit-up, drool, occasionally urine...you get the idea).


As hard as it was for me to leave social work, I'm glad I have found a job that I enjoy and that still gives me fulfillment. And between my meds, my new job, and some other changes I'm making in my life, my mental health seems to be heading in the right direction.

Yay.



No comments: