Friday, March 28, 2008

Beware the scary marshmallow lady

So I got a new template, mainly cuz I'm bored and in need of some change in my life. And since I'm too lazy to make any "real" changes, I decided some new colors in my blog would suffice.

So speaking of changes that need to be made, I realized recently how much I have let myself go in the past few months. Now, admittedly, I have had a lot going on in those few months, what with being hospitalized, losing my job, spending 2 months at the crazy farm, being discharged from the crazy farm, getting a new job, getting engaged, etc, etc, etc. However, I like to think that living through all of the above mentioned "drama" has led me to a new, better place in my life. But that is certainly not what I see when I look in the mirror. I haven't dyed my hair in probably 6 months at least, resulting in a reddish brown mucky color with dark brown roots. Sexy. Also, I haven't plucked my eyebrows in several months either, so right now they are more or less taking over my entire face.


Then there's the fact (as I have whined about in the past) that I have gained about 30 pounds or so over the past year. And while people keep telling me that having a little meat on my bones is far better than the skeletal/anorexic look I rocked for most of my life, I still would feel more content with losing 15 or so of those 30 pounds I've packed on.


And finally, (as I have also whined about in past posts), between being in the hospital and being a nanny, all I ever wear anymore are hoodies and jeans. Everyday... hoodies... and jeans. And while I am a huuuge fan of the hoodie (I own approximately 90 bajillion of them), I'm really getting sick of looking like a hungover college student on her way to nap in the back of her psy101 lecture. Seriously. I want to wear skirts and strappy heels and tops that don't zip up (and that show off my ::cough cough:: best asset). I want to look cute dammit!


So, maybe this weekend I'll start working on putting myself back together. I'll pick up some Clairol #111 and stop by the nail place in the mall to get the brows waxed (I think they're beyond my powers of plucking at this point). And I guess while I'm at the mall I could check out the sales for any cute and cheap clothes/shoes. Yeah that sounds good.


Or, maybe I'll just sleep all weekend and continue down the path towards being a hairy hoodie-clad marshmallow with dark roots. We'll see.


Happy Friday.

No comments: