Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My weekend as represented by kitty pictures

So as previously reported, we left on Friday to go to Geneseo for Easter, taking along our little kittens. And of course, I couldn't resist taking tons of pictures of my babies...and my puppy Lady and my mom's cat Rascal. Seriously, if this is how obsessive I am with documenting my animals, it will frightening when I have children of the human variety.

But anyway, the boys were soooo good in the car both ways to and from Geneseo. I was so proud of them for being such little troopers. We stopped at a rest stop on the way to let them stretch their legs (by running around inside the car) and to give them some food and water. They were so fascinated with looking out the windows at all the people and cars.














We made it to my parents' without any major mishaps, but then it was time to introduce them to Lady and Rascal. Let's just say it was not love at first sight. We ended up keeping them separate from Lady the whole weekend after she tried to "play" with them a little too roughly and Sera whapped her on the face which made her snap at him. Rascal was a little pussy (pun intended) and hid in the basement even though he is bigge
r than both of the babies put together. As the weekend went on, Rascal and the babies started to warm up to each other (although there was some hissing and growling involved). When we left on Monday, they had gotten to the point where they would all sit in the same room staring at one another and gradually moving closer together. If we had stayed another day or 2, I think all the boys would have been bestest friends.















Anyway, while we were th
ere my mom made me clean out my old room, which resulted in Ryan and I torturing our babies by putting them in hats. Well, the hat I put on Sera was actually too big so it's more around his whole body, as you will see.















The boys also really loved cuddling on my parents' bed, at times with my mama :)













(those are my mom's legs Sera is sleeping on)

But alas, after a nice visit w
ith the parents (and lots of good food), it was time to come home. Bella and Sera were super good on the way back to Albany as well, and again, we stopped at a rest stop to feed them and let them look around.












All in all, it was an enjoyable long weekend, but we were all very happy to come home.


No comments: