Friday, March 14, 2008

Ramblings...

I wish I was more creative, because there is so much inside of me that needs to be expressed, but I am clueless as to how to let it go. I pretend to be a poet, an artist, a writer, but the truth is I'm a confused twenty-something of average intelligence and minimal talent who craves some sort of depth and purpose.

In other news, I am feverishly searching for a cute Easter dress, but so far I haven't found anything that meets my expectations. Ryan and I (and the kitties) are going to my parents' for Easter, and between being in the crazy farm and being a nanny, it has been super long since I've dressed up for anything. I WANT A CUTE DRESS! I'm planning to hit up a few more places this weekend, so hopefully I'll stumble across something fabulous (and relatively cheap).


Also, I just finished the Time Traveler's Wife, aka book #1 of the Kristy and Rachel Book Club (we're really going to have to come up with a better name). Let me preface my review by saying that I LOVE reading. It is and always has been my favorite pastime. Unfortunately, due to the recent worsening of my mental illness, my concentration level has been nearly non-existent, therefore making my beloved hobby rather difficult. It has been months since I was able to read a book from start to finish without giving up halfway through. I am happy to say that this book snapped me out of my reading rut. It is the first book in a long time that totally sucked me in. I couldn't put it down. It was sooooo good (and also incredibly sad). I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good read. And now I am in search of book #2 of the KRBC (seriously, name?) If anyone has suggestions, let me know.


No comments: