Saturday, April 5, 2008

Conversations with a 4 year old:

Choo-choo: you should go to the doctor so your back will stop hurting.
Me:
yes I should, but doctors cost a lot of money and I don't have a lot of money.

Choo-choo:
can't your mommy take you to the doctor?

Me:
no, my mommy lives far away.

Choo-choo:
what do you mean?

Me:
well, I live in this city, and my mommy and daddy live far away in a different city.

Choo-choo:
you mean...you don't live with your mommy and daddy?

Me:
that's right.

Choo-choo:
but...why? where did they go? how can you not live with them?

Me:
well, I grew up and went away to college and then I stayed here after I finished college.

Choo-choo:
so wait...you really don't live with your mommy and daddy?

Me:
no I don't.

Choo-choo:
so then...who do you live with?

Me:
you remember my boyfriend? I live with him.

Choo-choo:
oh...and your kitties?

Me:
yes, and my kitties.

Choo-choo:
oh ok, so you guys are like a little family.




Yes, we are :)

No comments: