Friday, April 4, 2008

A couple things:

1) Last night, Ryan borrowed my car to run to the store, as he often does. This morning, after a night of nonstop rain, I went to leave for work and found that he had left my sunroof open. Needless to say I was not very happy, and I sent him a strongly worded (and slightly profane) text message letting him know so. By the time I got to work the back of my jeans and sweatshirt were soaked, I was beyond freezing, and very very cranky. Is there anything worse than wet jeans? It took me about 3 hours to completely dry out, however during that time most of my anger subsided and I was able to see the humor of the situation. Well, almost. I am now looking forward to holding this incident over Ryan's head for a long long time. =P

2) Every time I talk to my mom she asks me when I think I will be able to "go back to work." Ummmmm.... Is what I'm doing now not work? Does she think I'm just wiping shit-soaked asses and force feeding 4 year olds for fun? Cuz I was under the impression that I was working my ass off taking care of an infant and a pre-schooler in an attempt to pay my rent and my bills. Silly me, apparently it's just a hobby. It drives me NUTS that she a) does not see nannying as a real job, b) will only be happy if I'm "using my degree" as a social worker, and c) is pressuring me to go back into a field that I am very much not ready to go back to. It was not that long ago that I was in a freaking psychiatric hospital due to the stress and anguish that my social work job gave me. I am still trying to put the pieces of my life back together, and I am in no way ready to put myself back into that position. And I'm sorry if I think that my mother, who has battled depression herself for many years, should understand and accept that. ::Lets out an exasperated sigh:: Okay....rant over.

No comments: